Friday, November 15, 2013

Who are the Bentleys?

I haven't decided yet if I am going to tell my family and friends I am making this blog or if I am going to keep it to myself. I didn't start the blog to keep family updated on our family happenings but I have a feeling that is how it will turn out eventually. For right now though I will write this as if you don't know us and if you do, maybe I'll tell you something you don't know.



This is Kyle
 
My hard working, die-hard sports loving, honest, kind, and laid back husband who is an amazing daddy. He grew up playing baseball  pretty much every sport and eventually played baseball at Emporia State. He studied Physical Education there but had qualms about teaching and joined the workforce before graduating. He just recently switched jobs and is working at his uncle and cousin's RV business and is loving every minute of it. He keeps me grounded and tells it to me like it is, which I really need as I can be a bit of a brat at times. (Sorry babe!)
 
I'd love to tell you how we met but that's a blog post for another time as our story is long and quite good and I can't wait to write about it!
 
 
And this handsome little guy

Don't we make cute babies? :)
 
will probably be the subject of 95% of my blog posts. He is the best blessing we could have ever received! Camden is the most amazing little boy and we couldn't imagine our lives without him. He truly completes us and has changed our lives in huge ways for the better! I look at Kyle alot and say, "Can you believe we made him?" I still feel like being a mommy is so surreal but so wonderful!
 

 
Finally, the lady you see in this wedding pic from April 2012 is me. I would put up a recent picture but lets be honest, post baby doesn't look good on everyone. I grew up in a small town and spent way too many years building up student loan debt. (But man it was fun!) I changed my mind too many times on my major to count but eventually graduated with a Bachelors from Emporia State. Before Camden came along I was employed by our local mental health center as a case manager for children (very stressful work) but decided being a stay at home mommy was the best thing for us. I am so thankful for that opportunity and couldn't imagine not getting to be the one who spends all day with Cam! I am also currently going back to school for a second bachelors in Special Education and am in my 2nd year coaching my high school dance team.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You were good at what you did but I knew all along you were going to end up staying at home after Camden was born. :) It is what your heart was set on. We sure do miss you though and Alex sure wants to see you and Camden. We passed your house the other day and she made a comment that she wished she would see you outside so she could wave at you. You were such a positive role model in her life when she needed someone to talk to. I thank you for that. We need to get together soon just to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monta! I was very glad that I got to run into Alex this past weekend and chat with her! She is a great girl and it means so much to me that I was able to be a positive influence! I know she will do amazing things in her life because she has such a great head on her shoulders and wonderful supports in her life. I hope to run into you guys again soon!

      Delete