Monday, November 18, 2013

Baby Faves- Month 1 & 2

Month 1
 
 
I am going to start monthy posts where I talk about my favorite baby items we used for that month. Every family and baby is different and will find that different products may or may not work for them. However, these are what worked for us and I hope that this may help new moms with ideas of what to use or put on their registry.
 
 
Clockwise:
 
Laninsoh TheraPearl 3-in-1 Breast Therapy: I wasn't able to breastfeed for long but while I did these babies saved me! I actually bought myself 2 packs so I could switch them in and out and put them in the freezer. I picked up a great deal when I decided to buy a second pair and grabbed my sister one as well at Walgreens for Buy One, Get one 1/2 off. If I would have been able to continue breast feeding I would be using them right now!
 

Boudreaux's Butt Paste: We had to go to the doctor's office a week after Camden was born for horrible diaper rash. We used this along with the topical ointment from the doctor and haven't had a problem since! This stuff locks out moisture unlike brands such as Desitin and stops their little bottoms from getting irritated.

Pampers Swaddlers: I originally bought Huggies Newborn size diapers but had problems with Camden leaking out the top. The cut out for the umbilical cord just wasn't working for our little boy and we decided to try what we had used at the hospital, Pampers Swaddlers! Now I swear by them as we've only ever had one or two leaks, and that was only from monster messes!

Medela Micro-Steam Bags: These babies made cleaning my breast pump parts a breeze and are used in our house today even though I am not able to breastfeed. We will still throw bottles in these bags, stick them in the microwave for a couple minutes, and everything is clean! These were great to take with us on vacation when we needed to sanitize bottles and not bring our big Munchkin sanitizer.

Sleep Gowns: These exact sleepgowns are the ones we took to the hospital with us and the only clothes we used until we were able to come home! Kyle swears by these and says nothing is easier then pushing up the bottom, changing Cam's diaper, and then going back to sleep! We continue to use them at night along with sleepers. I found these Carter's sleep gowns at TJ Maxx for a great deal but have bought more at Walmart and the Carter's store.

Fisher Price Snugamonkey Rock n' Play: If there was one thing we couldn't live without it would be this! Camden sleeps in it every night next to our bed, lounges in it during the day, and we are able to fold it up to take with us on visits or vacations. The elevated position helps with gas and Camden sleeps so cozy in it. I couldn't imagine not having it and it is worth every single penny!

ErgoBaby Carrier: I had read great things about these carriers online but didn't want to spend the over $120 price tag. Luckily, I found one at TJ Maxx for $60 and snatched it up! I've taken Camden to events in this and it is just manly enough that Kyle likes to wear him in as well. I'll never forget our first trip to Walmart after Camden was born where Kyle wore him in the Ergo. Love that man!



Month 2
 

 
 
Munchkin Pacifier Wipes: It's not hard to run the pacifier under water if you drop it at home but these things save the day when out on the town. We've had moments where we've been in stores or outside and have no way to wipe down Cam's paci. These are extremely convenient and have lasted quite awhile due to only using them when we have to.

Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water: I had Kyle grab some of this before we left the hospital just as a precaution for colic. I swear this is magic water! It immediately takes away Camden's hiccups and is great for calming him down when he has gas pains. We always make sure that we never run out or we'd be in trouble!

Avent Soothies: I broke down about 2 weeks after Camden was born and gave him a soothie. We've never looked back and I have never regretted giving it to him. We've tried the big round soothies and these seem to annoy Camden as they hit him in the nose. These soothies have the cut out about his mouth and are perfect for him! Make sure to have more than one around as we learned the hard way and had to make a midnight run when we lost his only paci of this kind!

Boppy Changing Pad Liners: Unless you want to be washing your changing pad cover numerous times a day make sure you grab some of these. I'm so glad I had done my research and picked up a few of these because we had many accidents in the first days. I've heard whether you've had a boy or a girl these things are life savers.
Boppy: These are not just meant for breastfeeding ladies! Although I still use it to prop Camden up and save my arms while I am feeding him, I mainly use it to help him sit up. Camden loves to be propped up on his Boppy and hang out with mommy during the day. Make sure you stay close by while baby is propped on this as it is easy for them to slide down or lean forward in it.

Carters Bibs: Camden can be quite the messy eater and has also started drooling lots. Other bibs don't have the waterproof liner and his clothes would get soaked after every feeding. These bigs are so cute and are great quality! You can't have too many of these and we plan to stock up on more!

Munchkin Formula Dispenser: This dispenser is extremely convenient anytime we leave the house and need to make a bottle. We can measure out exactly how much formula we need and easily dump it into the already made bottle. Kyle also thinks he is a genius because he started filling it and putting it beside our bed at night. Thus causing us to not have to go into the kitchen to make a bottle!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment