Sunday, November 17, 2013

Babies, Bonfires, and Girl Talk

My sister Jen had her 2nd family baby shower yesterday in Emporia and we decided to go up and vist for the weekend. It was our first time staying away from home with Camden (besides our trip to Branson in October) and we loved the chance to get away. My sister's in-laws threw her shower and they never disappoint. Her mother-in-law is the best cook and did a chipotle style dinner. The shower was actually more of a party as they invited couples and we had a bonfire outside. I loved the ambience of sitting on hay bales around tables and enjoying the beautiful weather. I wanted to get pictures of her decor but it got too dark before I got the chance and Camden was having a rough night.
 
The only picture we took that night while Kyle was trying to figure out my new phone in the dark. Camden was sleeping while we watched Jen open gifts.
 
 
Kyle, Jen, and I left early to go back to her house and get Camden settled. We (and by we, I mean me and Jen) talked for hours and had much needed sister time while Kyle watched football and listened to our endless banter. We finally got into bed sometime around midnight then spent today just enjoying getting to hang out with Jen and James before baby Mia comes. My sister is due January 4th and I cannot wait to become an aunt! I helped her organize all of her baby gifts and couldn't stop oohing and aahing over the adorable pink clothes. Kyle says only boys are in our future but I know I'll get my lace, pearls, and ruffles someday!
 
Camden was quite the talker today even though I think he has started teething and I got a video of him being very entertaining. The lighting is bad but he clearly turns his head towards my sister when I make a comment about her. So cute!

I can't get the video to work,
still working on it...
 
 
I can't get over how big he is getting and how much he is changing! He actually turned 3 months today! We were way too tired to take his 3 month pictures when we got home so I think I will do that tomorrow and start my special posts to him each month. I will also be posting my "baby faves" each month but need to catch up months 1&2 first.
 

Trying to wake him up when we got home. He was NOT having it!
 
 
I'm not sure I'm really going to do it but I got a message from my cousin Hope this morning. She is pregnant with her second child and due in May, which is amazing in itself but means so much more for her. She told me that she thinks I should open a party planning business and start selling decorations; pennant banners, wreaths, etc. We talked about it and I've been doing lots of research on how to open an etsy shop and rates for party planning. She told me she wants me to plan her gender reveal and I am over the moon excited! We grew up so close and have been there for each other through many events in our lives, good and bad. I can't wait to plan a great party for her that means so much to her/our family!



Pictures from our gender reveal I planned last March
 
 


Pictures from my sister's baby shower I planned last weekend,
the theme was "Thank Heaven for Little Girls"
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment