Friday, December 6, 2013

The Story of Us- Part 2

If you need to catch up on our story, you can read Part 1 here.

Almost 1.5 years later (Fall 2006), I was over 3 hours away from home at Barton County Community College and Kyle was still at Emporia. Both of our relationships had fizzled out but I had been so busy with dance, school, work, etc. that I hadn't been back to Emporia for awhile. In October, my sister called to invite me to come down to Emporia for her last night working at The Dugout, the best bar at the time at ESU!

I couldn't wait to get away for the weekend with my best friend in tow and let loose! This night was extremely packed at the bar as everyone loved my sister and she was a great bartender! Of course Kyle and his friends came down to bid farewell to Jen and we proceeded to flirt most of the night. At one point he was teasing me about kissing him and a friend was egging it on. I ended up leaning over and kissing him while sitting on the pool table during the chaos.



Our first picture together after I went to his indoor softball tournament in Topeka



 
From there we started travelling to see each other almost every weekend. I surprised him at his Halloween party and he drove down to watch me perform in Great Bend. It was a 2- 2.5 hour drive but I would go late at night and drive back early in the morning, making it back in time for class.


Halloween 2006

There are so many memories of how much fun we had in those few months. Competing at darts, walking to the park to swing, driving in the country, testing Kyle's sports knowledge, drinking games, "mudding" in my Ford Taurus, jamming to NSYNC in the car, Great Bend Zoo, Ben & Jerrys with movie night, parties with friends, New Year's Eve, The Dugout, and I could go on and on. We could have so much fun just sitting around either of our houses, doing nothing.

New Years 2007


Christmas 2006- We unknowingly got each other Braves hats
 
 
Kyle asked me many times to make things official and I never told him yes. I knew that a relationship with him would be serious and I just wasn't ready for that. I could tell that he was head over heels and it scared me as I had unresolved issues. We dated off and on until May of 2007 when I knew I had to call it off for good.

I remember driving to Emporia and sitting outside his college house having the goodbye talk. I told Kyle I just wasn't in it and we needed to be done. Even though Kyle was hurt he never uttered a negative word and just let me know that he really cared. I felt horrible but I just wasn't feeling it at the time and needed space to be on my own.

Visiting me at Barton- November 2006
 
 
Hanging out at Babe's during a random drive to Etown

Sister's Birthday- January 2007


I had done college visits at Emporia State but came to a decision that I was going to attend Kansas State University. My closest friends were going there and all of my friends at Emporia I had met through Kyle. I knew things would be awkward and it made my decision a little bit easier.

Looking back now I get a little mad at myself that I made that decision. I had many good times at Kstate but also struggled there and wished I would have went straight to ESU. I feel like I lost years of time with Kyle we could have had together (as I think things might have been different if I would have been living there) but then I have to remember that things happen exactly the way they are supposed to. We went through experiences that made us a better fit for each other and we learned many lessons from our relationships while we were apart that made us that much more thankful to have each other.




"I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true."
-"God Bless the Broken Road" Rascal Flatts
 
 
 
 
Winter 2006- One of my favorite pictures of us
So thankful for this man!


 To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment